2021 School Tours Tuesdays – Fridays, Oct. 5th – 22nd
Recommended for Preschool – 3rd Grade Students
A minimum of 20 students are required per tour. Tour Length is Approximately 1 hour – 1 hour & 15 minutes.
- Cost is $9.00 per student.
- Guided tractor trailer ride to the Pumpkin Field.
- Each student may pick one Pie Pumpkin and three gourds. Teachers are given one Medium Pumpkin for their class.
- Guided tour of the Vegetable Washing Shed and Cooler Packing area (optional)(mask required)
- Self guided tour of of the Farm Animals.
- Educational Grain Lesson for 1st – 3rd grades only. Lesson follows Illinois learning standards, Common core, Illinois Assessment Standards and Next Generation Science Standards. (mask required)
- Importance of grains
- Grain identification
- Foods we eat
- Teachers will receive 1 medium sized pumpkin for their class (we will put on your bus upon arrival).
- Access to the Play Area (Allow for 12-20 minutes of extra time).
- Siblings pay the tour price of $9.00 (this includes 1 pie pumpkin & 3 gourds).
- Parent & Chaperone tour fee is $3.00 each, this does not include pumpkins or gourds.
- You may also purchase donuts by the dozen & 1/2 dozen take with you to share when return to school.
Schools must provide their own transportation. Please confirm your transportation prior to scheduling your tour.
TOM’s School tours include 3 leaders (1 teacher & 2 chaperones) per classroom at no charge for the tour. Additional Chaperones are $3.00 each. Teachers and Chaperones DO NOT get to pick pumpkins & gourds.
Upon arrival at TOM’s, the teacher must check in and make payment for the group. We accept all major credit cards and school check payments.
Payment for Additional Adults and Siblings: Teachers, be sure to communicate to the attending parents that they are required to pay the admission fee along with the classroom. You are required to collect the fees from the adults and siblings along with the students in your group.
Reservations are required.
- Fill out form completely. Click Here to Download Form.
- Email or fax the completed application back to TOM’s. We will contact you to secure your tour. SchoolTours@TomsFarmMarket.com or TOM’s Fax: 847-669-9390.
A final count of your party including: Teachers, Chaperones, Parents and Siblings is required at time of Payment. Additional Parents and Siblings who are not included in this count will be required to pay on the day of the School Tour. Please be sure to remind them so that they come prepared. Please call the day before to confirm your School Tour Reservation. 847-669-3421