Weekdays Oct 1st – Oct 31st, 2019
You can book your tour for 2019 beginning Monday, August 5th.
Download Reservation Form to Book Your Tour
TOM’s Farm Guided Tour $8.00/student.
Recommended for Preschool – 3rd Grade Students
A minimum of 20 students are required per tour. Tour Length is Approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Guided tractor trailer ride to the Pumpkin Field.
- Each student may pick one Pie Pumpkin and three gourds. Teachers are given one Medium Pumpkin for their class.
- Guided tour of the Vegetable Washing Shed and Cooler Packing area.
- Self guided tour of of the Farm Animals.
- Educational Grain Lesson for 1st – 3rd grades only. Lesson follows Illinois learning standards, Common core, Illinois Assessment Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Importance of grains
- Grain identification
- Foods we eat
- Access to the Play Area and Straw Maze Kingdom. (Allow for 12-20 minutes of extra time).
- Free indoor Lunch area is available by reservation for students to eat their own sack lunches. Please do not include the lunch time as a part of your school tour time. Reserve lunch time before or after your scheduled tour. (allow for an extra 30 minutes).
- A TOM’s Apple Cider Donut can be added to your tour for an additional $1.00 for each student, teacher, parent, siblings, chaperone and the bus driver! (We are no longer serving cider as an option. We observed too much waste.) Remember to reserve extra time if you are including this option, about 15 minutes. Snack can only be done after your tour.
- Siblings pay the tour price of $8.00. ($9.00 includes Donut).
- Parent & Chaperone tour fee is $3.00 each, does not include pumpkins or gourds. ($4.00 includes donut).
- You may also purchase donuts & cider to take with you to share when return to school. Donuts are sold by the dozen & 1/2 dozen; cider is sold by the 1/2 & full gallon in our Market.
Schools must provide their own transportation. Please confirm your transportation prior to scheduling your tour.
TOM’s School tours include 3 leaders (1 teacher & 2 chaperones) per classroom at no charge for the tour ($1.00 each for Donut). Additional Chaperones are $3.00 each ($4.00 includes Donut).
Upon arrival at TOM’s, the teacher must check in and make payment for the group. We accept all major credit cards and school check payments.
Payment for Additional Adults and Siblings: Teachers, be sure to communicate to the attending parents that they are required to pay the admission fee along with the classroom. You are required to collect the fees from the adults and siblings along with the students in your group.
Reservations are required.
A final count of your party including: Teachers, Chaperones, Parents and Siblings is required at time of Payment. Additional Parents and Siblings who are not included in this count will be required to pay on the day of the School Tour. Please be sure to remind them so that they come prepared. Please call the day before to confirm your School Tour Reservation. 847-669-3421